I wear red lipstick around 85% of my life. I am literally obsessed with it. I will wear it no matter where I am going or what I am doing. If I’m not wearing red, I will still be wearing another shade of lipstick.
I am not ‘me’ unless I am wearing lipstick. One day when I went out shopping with a friend, I didn’t wear any lipstick for some reason. When I saw her she had a look of concern on her face and said, “Gracie what’s wrong? Are you okay? You aren’t wearing any lipstick!” I found this so funny because lipstick, in particular red lipstick, has just become apart of my daily routine.
Here are 10 reasons why red lipstick is always my choice:
- It gives me a confidence boost. I kind of go around thinking I can do whatever I want when I wear red.
- I feel like my face just looks ‘better’ with it.
- Red lipstick makes me feel more dressed up.
- Taylor Swift wears red all the time, and she is a princess.
- Red is one of my favourite colours (along with beige and grey).
- I find red to be very seductive and attractive and, let’s face it, the men love it. BUT in saying that I definitely don’t wear red lipstick to impress men because that’s just stupid. As if I want to spend my life worrying about what a male thinks of me.
- It is so classic.
- Red lipstick goes with almost any outfit. And if it doesn’t… Then I just pretend it does and still wear it anyway.
- One of my favourite songs is ‘Red’ by Taylor Swift and I listen to it daily, so I feel like it coincides with my lipstick.
- I just LOVE it.
In terms of application, I don’t have any magic tips or tricks. Honestly when it comes to applying lipstick, practice makes perfect. My favourite red lipsticks in order are:
- Nars Velvet Matte in Dragon Girl
- Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in Candied Red
- MAC Ruby Woo
- MAC Brave Red
Pictured above is an image I took for my photography class of my Bobbi Brown lipstick in Candied Red. As you can see, the Bobbi Brown products come in the most beautiful packaging.