Ahh, the pang of anxiety of a new year has well and truly set in. I always feel very anxious around New Years because I am a Taurus through and through and I really dislike change. Plus, I tend to get the January blues as Christmas is over and December is my favourite time of year. Generally I like to avoid going out on New Years Eve but this year I decided to head out with my best friend and I really had an amazing night.
Below is the makeup look I created for the occasion.
The products I used were:
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and setting powder
- MAC bronzer in ‘Give Me Sun!’
- MAC highlighter in ‘Soft and Gentle’ (a staple)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in ‘Luminous Flush’
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- MAC ‘Amber x9’ palette
- YSL eye liner
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara
- Ardell individual lashes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- MAC lipstick in ‘Faux’
I haven’t created any resolutions as such as I don’t exactly buy into the whole ‘new year new me’ business. I understand the thought of a new year gives people an incentive to start eating healthy or exercise, but to me the new year is really just another day. Why wait until a new year comes around to make lifestyle changes? Instead of making ‘resolutions’, I have decided this year I want to push myself and just be the best I can be.
How did you ring in the new year?