I have to commend myself on how long it has been since I have gone haulin’. I seriously haven’t purchased any makeup unless absolutely essential in months! I am pretty proud of my progress considering I used to buy new products at least every week. My latest MECCA Maxima haul is so small but it still counts, right? The products I purchased are: Hourglass Film Noir Mascara and Bare Minerals Brow Styler in Light.
Basically, I didn’t set out with an intention of purchasing either of those products. I needed a new mascara and wanted to lash out (terrible pun) and purchase a high end mascara since I love beautiful lashes. I picked up the Lancôme Hypnose Drama mascara as one of the girls recommended it, however I found it to be shocking. It was so clumpy and unuseable, so I had to go back and return it. Keep in mind that I have never returned a makeup item before so you get the idea that it was a terrible product. I have heard some people love the Lancôme Hypnose Drama mascara so I am wondering if my particular tube of product was just faulty. Anyway, the girls at MECCA were very lovely about me returning the product. One of the girls suggested that instead of trying a new tube of the Lancôme mascara I try out the Hourglass one. I still had a bit of credit left over and I needed a new brow pencil so I put it towards the one from bare minerals.
My current thoughts on both products:
Hourglass Film Noir Mascara $42 AUD
- Beautiful, sleek packaging
- Has a nice fine wand
- The product dispenses nicely onto the brush (not too much and not too little product)
- Makes the lashes look so long and defined
- Doesn’t give the lashes a huuuge amount of volume, but still thickens them up
- The product builds up nicely and doesn’t clump at all!
bare minerals Brow Styler $21 AUD
- The perfect colour for my blonde hair and brows
- Is a beautiful cool-toned colour. There’s nothing worse than an orange-blonde colour brow product
- Super creamy and easy to use
- Easy to create natural looking brush strokes
I am loving my two latest additions to my makeup collection and if it wasn’t for getting a bad Lancôme mascara then I probably wouldn’t have set out to buy either products. If you are looking for a new mascara or brow product then I suggest having a look into Hourglass and bare minerals!